Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DIY: Popsicle Invitations



I have received several emails asking me how I made the popsicle invitations for the Summer Popsicle Party that I did. I apologize for taking so long to post the details. The summer just got away from me!



To make these invitations, you will need:
- Popsicle Sticks (I used the extra wide ones)
- White card stock
- Colored card stock (I used multiple colors for different "flavored" popsicles)
- A 2" Scalloped Punch
- A Rounded edge punch
- Adhesive or glue
- Ribbon (optional)



Cut a piece of white card stock and a piece of your colored card stock to measure 5 1/4" by 4" each. Fold each piece in half.



Using your scalloped punch, punch a "bite shape" into the top right corner of your folded piece of colored card stock.



Repeat the same step with the white piece of folded card stock BUT punch less off this time (you want the white to show when you place this piece inside of your colored piece). Adhere the white piece of card stock to the inside of the colored piece.



Using your rounded edge punch, round the remaining corners of your popsicle.



Adhere your popsicle stick to the invitation, attached ribbon at the end, and Wa-La...you are all done! You can either hand-write the party details inside the inviation or print them out on the white cardstock before you start the project ( I chose this option).

3 comments:

  1. i love this concept! This invites of a more refreshing summer get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super super cute and amazing creative idea . Love it thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute and amazing creative idea . Love it thank you..

    ReplyDelete